- Awakening and Responsibility. A short primer by head teacher Soryu Forall.
- Life at MAPLE. A blog post in words and pictures by Jasna Todorovic.
- The Purpose of MAPLE: Creating Trustworthy Leaders. A blog post by Tasshin Fogelman.
- The Role of Monasteries in the Modern World. Daniel Thorson interviews assistant teacher Peter Park on the Emerge podcast.
- Key Elements of MAPLE Culture: Care, Ops, and Support Committees by Lauren Lee.
- Training Mental Complexity at MAPLE: What are We Here to Learn? A longer essay on understanding MAPLE through developmental psychology by Sofia-Jeanne Roggeveen.
- MAPLE: A Deliberately Developmental Organization. A longer essay on understanding MAPLE through organizational psychology by Sofia-Jeanne Roggeveen.
- Dharma talks from meditation retreats with Soryu Forall
- Day-Long Shinzen Young retreats
- Inspiring talks on the MAPLE ethos, vision, and mission
- Weekly Sunday Sits. Each has a ~30 minute talk, a guided meditation, and a community Q&A
The Emerge Podcast
MAPLE Resident Daniel Thorson hosts Emerge: Making Sense of What’s Next, which he describes as a “podcast-based inquiry into the next phase of the human experiment”.
“We’re living in a moment of culture chaos; celebrities, companies and politicians battle for our attention, societies are fragmenting, long-held political and social norms are upending, and all the while a privileged few reap ungodly benefits. As this battle rages, a new story of what it means to be human is quietly taking shape. How do we survive and thrive? How do we guard ourselves against a life of meaninglessness and quiet desperation? What is your role and responsibility in this turning of the ages? “
Listen to recent episodes on collective action, sovereignty, emotions, consciousness, leadership, and maps of meaning.
MAPLE Resident Tasshin Fogelman runs a blog covering topics from meditation and the monastic life to strategy and productivity. He also has a number of interviews with teachers and residents of MAPLE.
“When individuals with flawed perception and harmful behavior form groups and societies, that in turn leads to the civilization level problems we are facing and ultimately the threats to life on earth.”
– From the post The Problems We Face, published 9/26/2019
The world desperately needs awakened leaders.
Will you answer the call?
Are you interested? We would love to have you join us for a meal, a weekend, or a retreat. Contact us to learn more.